Meal Prep: Summer Edition
Hello everyone! This meal prepping post is the SUMMER edition *yay*. What does that mean you ask? Well, during the summer months I find I cook less to avoid the heat coming off the oven. Therefore, I wanted to share with you some meals that either don’t require too much heat OR can easily put in the crockpot. Similar to the post from March, I’ll provide a grocery list!
Soon, I will be receiving my first ever GREEN CHEF. (I picture myself in the green suit from Always Sunny along side Bryce Harper while cooking my first box!).
Anyway! Last year, I opted into two different meal delivery programs to get through most of the pandemic without having to leave my house! This year, I wanted to try it again, because it certainly does make things easier. As schedules start to fill up the convenience would sure make things easier. I figured why not try a healthier meal kit delivery. It takes about a week or two to receive your first box after signing up, so the meals I’m presenting in this post will get me through to my first delivery.
Also! You can get $55 off your first GREEN CHEF meal kit using this link: link here for $55 off!
Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled program, had to get those baseball and always sunny references in first. Plus what a great offer from Green Chef. While you wait for your first order, the below can be the meals that get you through the brief wait. 🙂
This weeks meals:
- Salad: Spinach, Blueberries and Feta
- Granola and Yogurt: I started using coconut yogurt instead of milk based yogurt for digestive reasons
- Easy Sandwich: Locally or home baked bread, mayo, provolone and cucumbers (add protein as you’d like). While traveling many years ago in Germany, I had a similar sandwich. Now, I enjoy this during the summer months and it brings back so many good memories. It is cool and refreshing and can be made in many different ways!
- Crockpot: Spinach Artichoke Dip (Link here: https://damndelicious.net/2014/02/12/slow-cooker-spinach-artichoke-dip/). In the days of going into the office, this was my go-to to bring in for pot lucks. I would buy all organic ingredients and pair with veggies and pita chips for dipping. It was always a huge hit, plus mostly healthy!
- Crockpot: Greek Style Chicken (Link here: https://www.wellplated.com/greek-chicken/)
- Crockpot: Slow cooker “Philly” cheese steak (Link here: https://foodal.com/recipes/slow-foods/philly-cheesesteaks/)
If you’d like to make the above, here are the groceries you’ll need:
- Fresh Baked Bread (Sandwich)
- Kaiser Rolls
- Pita Chips
- Black Olives
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Green Peppers
- White Onions
- Italian Seasoning
- Beef Broth
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Whole Milk
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chicken Breasts
- London Broil